These low carb banana blueberry muffins are dairy free, gluten free, paleo and keto friendly, no added sugar and a great dessert bite to satisfy a sweet craving without packing the extra weight and fat.
See these muffins video in action for easy no fail results. This vid is actually made by my son for his school “Healthy recipe” project for Health subject and he got a good grade too.
If you have friends that are dairy free or low carb feel free to share this delicious and simple recipe with them. If you make it I would love to know your feedback and please feel free to post photos on my Facebook page or your Instagram and tag #TheBigAppleMama
Nutritional Values (Per 1 muffin with 3 blueberries):
76 calories, 3g fat, 8,4g carbs, 1,6g fiber, 4,3g sugar, 2,8g protein, 133mg potassium and other vitamins and minerals.
- 3 medium eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- ¾ cup Almond flour
- Topping – ½ cup of fresh blueberries.
- Optional: Vanilla Extract
- Optional: 1tsp baking soda with 1tsp white vinegar to help the muffins rise
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 Celsius)
- Mush very ripe bananas with fork. They will be very easy to mush. Add eggs, almond flour and mix together with fork or you can mix using a hand mixer until the smooth batter. There could be few banana lumps in your batter – no problem!
- Spoon the batter into the muffin pan holes about ¾ full and add blueberries. (About 3-5 blueberries per muffin. The more blueberries the merrier! The more fresh blueberries you add the juicier your muffin will be)
- Tip. Experiment with one muffin and add lots of blueberries and see if you like this one.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes. Let cool and start enjoying immediately. They can be stored at room temp. for 3 days. You can also refrigerate them for 7 days.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Low Carb Keto Banana Zucchini Bread - May 23, 2019
- Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowls, Low Carb and Keto Friendly - May 9, 2019
- Best Low-Carb Keto Mug Bread, 90 seconds in microwave - March 20, 2019