Start your morning right – every day! This is literally the only detox tea / water recipe you ever need that you can make DIY and in your kitchen, with ridiculous amount of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry!
I love this detox tea recipe because after incorporating it in my daily diet I noticed an improved digestion, amazing energy boost, glowing skin, healthier hair and even helped with weight loss and bad breath.
One of the main ingredients is Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) which have been spoken about more and more over the years. Some of the many other benefits include, weight loss, increased energy, suppressing hunger, boosts your immune system, it can aid with digestive tract issues such as IBS…the list keeps going. This detox tea can be the number one most important steps to an overall much healthier you.
Drinking straight Apple Cider Vinegar is not recommended and its always recommended you add water before consuming it. Taking the few extra steps to make this Apple Cider Vinegar Morning Detox Tea is so worthwhile. The taste is more than pleasant which is not always said of just mixing it with water. By adding these few additional ingredients you are also reaping their health benefits as well.
This tea can be enjoyed warm or over ice. If you are having it warm, do not boil your tea as you will cook off the acidity and kill the active cultures. Just heat it to a nice warm temperature to enjoy.
You can make a big batch since this will last in your fridge for up to one week.
Update: Check out this photo below. Isn’t it gorgeous?! This photo is made by one of my readers who also tried this recipe and loved and made this gorgeous pic. I was in awe wow. Check her Instagram @parezou she makes one of a kind food photography and this tea is one of them
Recipe for DIY Detox tea
24 ounces of Water
4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (using organic raw and unfiltered is important for maximum benefits. I know of 2 great brands – Bragg Organic ACV or Brad’s – also can be found in the supermarket)
4 Tbsp. lemon juice (Fresh squeezed)
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pinch cayenne pepper
4 Tbsp. honey (raw honey is best)
Dissolve cinnamon, cayenne, honey, and lemon in hot water (stir well). Add apple cider vinegar to mixture.
Drink immediately for a warm cup of detox tea and store the rest in the fridge in an air tight container.
Also try this simple Apple-Cinnamon Detox Water
Let me know if you tried this DIY detox tea and if you liking it. Remember to drink this tea on the empty or hungry stomach for best results or before each meal.
For a healthy hair hack – I also love to dump the leftovers of this mixture onto my hair for a wonderful natural hair rinse.
- 24 ounces of Water
- 4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (using organic raw and unfiltered is important for maximum benefits. I know of 2 great brands – Bragg Organic ACV or Brad’s – also can be found in the supermarket)
- 4 Tbsp. lemon juice (Fresh squeezed)
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 Tbsp. honey (raw honey is best)
- Dissolve cinnamon, cayenne, honey, and lemon in hot water (stir well). Add apple cider vinegar to mixture.
- Drink immediately for a warm cup of detox tea and store the rest in the fridge in an air tight container.
- Can be stored for up to 1 week.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Best Keto Low Carb Bread buns made from Fathead dough - September 26, 2019
- Low Carb Keto Banana Zucchini Bread - May 23, 2019
- Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowls, Low Carb and Keto Friendly - May 9, 2019