In the kitchen my husband and I are always trying to come up with new recipes. Sometimes we try something completely new and other times we modify an existing recipe to see if we can add some new flare and pizzazz. Last night was one of those nights where we took an existing recipe that we’ve successfully cooked before and changed it up a bit. I call this recipe Oven roasted smoked sausage and potatoes. I used fingerling potatoes and Hillshire Farm smoked sausage among couple of other things.
Here is a list of all the ingredients you will need to create this delicious meal:
Ingredients (Prep time: 10 min./Cook time 30-40 min.):
- 1 to 1.5 pound of organic fingerling potatoes, Cubed. You can use baby potatoes, young potatoes or yellow potatoes instead
- 1 or 2 Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausages
- 5-6 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ large organic sweet or yellow onion
- ¼ cup of chives/scallions for decoration
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 °F
- Wash the potatoes and cut into ½ inch pieces
- Cut sausage into ½ to 1 inch pieces
- Smash and peel cloves of garlic and cut them along into halves
- Wash and finely chop parsley
- Puree onion in food processor or blender
- Dice chives or scallions
- Place all ingredients in rectangular glass baking dish
- Pour olive oil over ingredients
- Sprinkle Salt and pepper over all
- Using a spoon or hand mix ingredients together
- Cook for 30-40 minutes
At about 15 minutes stir ingredients to insure it is cooked evenly. At 30 minutes check if potatoes are done. This time I cut them into smaller pieces so mine were done in 30 minutes. In previous times it took about 40 minutes because the potatoes were cut into bigger pieces. If after 30 minutes the potatoes are not done leave in for 5-minute increments. If everything tastes ready take out of the oven and serve. I served mine with freshly made crescent rolls and butter. The dish really came out great. Although my daughter joked that she couldn’t tell the difference between the potatoes and sausages. That is until she put them in her mouth and tasted them. She said they tasted delicious with smoked flavor and she prefers the smoked sausage over chicken:)
Quick and easy solution for weeknight dinner.
Overall this is a pretty easy dish to make. I put prep time at around 10 minutes with cooking time at around 30 minutes. To me, the most difficult part about this recipe was cleaning the glass-baking dish afterwards. But then again I left that for my husband to take care of so I can’t complain. I suggest you do the same.
Let me know if you try this Oven roasted smoked sausage and potatoes and how it went? As always I look forward to your responses.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Hillshire Farms. I only share products I use in my own kitchen. I created this recipe and received compensation to do so.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Best Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Fritters - July 9, 2018
- Better than Takeout – 2 Ingredient Crispy Pizza Crust - June 1, 2018
- How to make Easy Instant Pot hard boiled eggs, No Peeling involved - May 12, 2018