These healthy sugar cookies are crisp on the outside and a little chewy inside, perfect consistency in my opinion. Whether you’re welcoming kids from school, baking a treat for Santa or enjoying the evening for yourself, these healthy sugar cookies are just right.
Only 4 simple ingredients are needed. I used almond flour because it is naturally sweeter than whole wheat flour, a great way to cook with limited carbs and tastes great!
My 8 y.o. helped me prep and bake them. Both of my kids and hubby loved the cookies. Few other batches that I baked later, I tweaked them and you can add raisins, dried cranberries, chocolate chips and almonds or pecans, so feel free to give them a try as well.
Please save this photo-pin below (Pinterest-friendly pin). If you’re not making these cookies right now, it will be easy to find later.
Healthy Sugar Cookies Ingredients: Makes 12 medium size cookies – 4 Basic Ingredients, but as you can see I listed six (Vanilla extract and salt is optional and highly recommended)
2 cups Almond Flour
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup Coconut Palm Sugar. (You can sub for granulated sweetener of your choice)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
Preheat oven to 350 F degrees (180 Celsius)
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well all together for 1-2 minutes
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Place large rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly.
Bake until set and edges are golden brown. (about 15 minutes)
The nutritional facts
150 cal per cookie. This is based on 12 cookies and regular brown sugar. If you substitute with granulated sweetener of your choice, your macros may be lower: 9g carb, 4g sugar, 11g fat, 5g protein, 25mg potassium. This is calculated without chocolate chips or nuts being added.
You can substitute coconut palm sugar for a granulated sweetener of your choice
You can substitute coconut oil for melted butter
Let me know what do you think and if you enjoyed them? Please feel free to share this recipe with the people that you think would enjoy these healthy sugar cookies.
Handy printable is below. Happy Holidays!
- Makes 12 medium size cookies – 4 Basic Ingredients, but as you can see I listed six (Vanilla extract and salt is optional and highly recommended)
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup Coconut Palm Sugar (Or granulated sweetener of your choice)
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan Pink Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees (180 Celsius)
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well all together for 1-2 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place large rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake until set and edges are golden brown. (about 15 minutes)
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Instant Pot Plov (Rice Pilaf with meat) – Easy and Delicious - November 29, 2019
- Instant Pot Hamburger Cauliflower Soup, Low Carb, Keto Friendly - November 20, 2019
- Best Keto Low Carb Bread buns made from Fathead dough - September 26, 2019