Today my daughter and I made this Halloween-inspired Cheesy Sweet Potato Muffins. They are healthy, came out delicious, easy to make and a great experience for my 8 y.o.
Ingredients: Use all organic ingredients if possible.
1 ¾ cups self-rising flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp paprika
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3/4 cup grated sweet potato
1 egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup of butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Sift the flour, paprika and baking powder into a bowl.
3. Add the cheese and sweet potato and mix well. Make a well in the center.
4. In another bowl mix the milk, egg, and butter.
5. Add the egg mix to the flour mix all at once. Using a fork, stir and fold the ingredients together only until it is all moist. Do not over mix, this is the main secret of good muffins!
6. Spoon the mixture into PaperChef baking cups, filling them about 2/3rd of the way and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes for normal size. They are ready when turning golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Place muffins on a wire rack to cool. Great while still warm with butter!
Also try Bloody Witch Chicken Fingers Halloween Inspired Recipe.
Disclosure: I went to a Media Halloween inspired cooking class at Freshmade NYC (A cooking studio where they offer cooking classes for kids ages 2-teen) where we were cooking with and learning about the Paperchef Parchment paper – a healthy choice for your family and environment as well. I received samples of the parchment paper. For more information visit paperchef.com
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Festive Low Carb Dessert (Instant Pot Mandarin Cheesecake) - March 14, 2018
- How to make Rich Gourmet French Onion Soup, Instant Pot or Stove top - March 5, 2018
- Instant Pot Low Carb Cheesecake with Pecan Crust - January 26, 2018