We all know how important it is to have a social media strategy when it comes to our blogs. But how do we put that strategy into action? What’s the point of the strategy if you’re not able to get a reaction out of your audience when trying to reach them on Facebook, Twitter, etc? I’ve put together these seven tips to help you understand social media and its relation to blogging just a little bit better. 🙂
7 Social Media Tips To Increase Interaction and Traffic
1. Deliver. Customer service is important in business, and it’s important in blogging. Connecting with your readers (not just posting AT them) on a daily basis is vital! Some will say, “But I don’t have the time to interact daily”. Is this your job, or is this your hobby? Do you do this for fun, or do you do it to make a living? If you’re doing it to make a living, then make time. Your readers want to hear from you!
2. Don’t skimp. While some of us really didn’t like Google Plus at first, we all knew it was “the next big thing”, and we hopped on board. Well, at least I hope you did. If not, hurry up and sign up – and circle me! Anyway, by “don’t skimp”, I mean that you need to be present on pretty much all of the major social media platforms. If you don’t like Twitter, consider hiring a Virtual Assistant to schedule a few dozen tweets each week, and have them respond to your direct messages as well.
Pro tip: Twitter is great for connecting with brands!
3. Be reachable. Be sure to display your social media icons at the top of your blog. If they won’t fit in your header, put them at the top of your sidebar, right above or below your search bar. It’s best if your buttons match your theme, and are easy to read.
Pro tip: Have your social media icons open in a new tab or window, so your readers still stay on your blog as well.
4. Tap into other networks. While you might just be using Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, you should consider joining just one more network: StumbleUpon. This isn’t a network where you promote your own stuff (but you can once in a while), but it’s a network that can get you literally thousands of pageviews a day on a single post! Read up on StumbleUpon and how to use it, and put it into action for your blog right away.
5. Track your stuff. If you don’t know if it’s working or not, you won’t know if you should continue spending time on it… right? So, use hashtags and track to see how well they’re doing. Also, use a link shortener (like a bit.ly) every single time you post a link. This will track clicks, and you can easily see which posts get the most traffic, what time of day it’s best to post, and much more.
6. Always have a call to action. Whether it’s on social media or just on your blog posts, always have a call to action! Ask questions, and your readers will be compelled to give answers. I follow one blogger that does a weekly question on Facebook. There are always hundreds of comments!
7. Stop selling! Social media isn’t just about linking to your blog posts. It’s not just about selling your products, services, etc. Post some stuff to your social media networks without trying to drive traffic. Sometimes, interaction is more valuable than getting a few clicks.
What’s your best social media tip for bloggers? Leave it in the comments!
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Low Carb - October 17, 2018
- The Best Keto Low Carb Bagels with Everything Seasoning - October 8, 2018
- Huntington Learning Center can help your child prepare for the SAT/ ACT: What to expect - October 8, 2018