2 Weeks ago I committed to my 14 Days SlimFast Challenge which was a part of sponsored challenge and post from Global Influence and Walgreens on behalf of SlimFast.
I received 16 Slim Fast meal replacement creamy milk chocolate shakes and 16 chocolate cookie dough protein meal replacement bars.
I learned that I suppose to:
- Replace 2 meals a day with the shakes and bars
- exercise 30 minutes a day
- eat a 1200 calorie a day diet
How did I work the SlimFast 14 Days Challenge Program:
1. First of I had a cereal and 2% milk for breakfast (about 8 AM)
2. Secondly I went to my gym in the morning 3 times a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Tuesday and Thursday I exercised at home using my new Zumba Wii Game that my husband got me for Christmas.
3. Right after gym or workout I immediately drank 1 bottle of Slimfast shake (190 calories, 6g of fat, 25g of carbs, 5g of fiber, 18g of sugar, 10g of protein and loaded with other vitamins and minerals) – I took the shake around 10:30 AM
4. Around 12:30 PM I was already hungry so I had my egg omelette with cheese and vegetables.
5. Around 3 PM I had another Slimfast shake or Slimfast cookie dough protein meal replacement bar.
6. Around 5:30 or 6 PM I had a full size dinner with my family (approximately 400-500 calories) such as chicken with vegetables, meatballs with vegetables, turkey tacos with vegetables or even my most famous loved by everyone 30 minute Maple Pecan Salmon with Arugula Salad.
7. Around 9 pm if I was hungry I had a very light snack such as backed multigrain crackers with hummus dip or celery with hummus dip.
I really liked the feel during the day that my body was light and not overstuffed, but you also see that I was not over-stuffing myself. I didn’t feel light headed but i did feel hungry every 2 or 3 hours.
So now you want to know my results, right?
2 weeks ago when I put my body on the scale I was at 178 pounds ( I know I am still over weight)
Today this morning when I stepped on my new Ozeri scale I was 176.8 pounds
Although I suppose to lose 6 pounds in 2 weeks I only lost like 2 or maybe even less. But I also think that my muscle mass increased because I was doing a lot of weight training as well as I still had ton of fluid in my body because I drank plenty of water, oh I forgot to mention I did drink coffee and teas with small amount of brown sugar during my challenge.
One last note from my gym buddies whom I talked about my 14 Day slimfast challenge: Few of my gals already did the slimfast diet or challenge. They told me that after you go off of slimfast diet or challenge most of them gain the weight right back.
The key is to keep exercising 30-60 minutes a day, eat small meals every 2-3 hours, eat fruits and veggies, avoid soda, sugars, high fructose corn syrup, alcohol, pastas and don’t eat or snack after 7 or 8 pm depending on when you go to bed.
These above are personal thoughts, opinions and results about my 14 day slimfast challenge products.
Update: I have more exciting news! I stepped on the scale today on Jan 20 at 3Pm wearing my normal clothes and after having full size lunch my weight is actually less!
So I noticed that the weight loss is gradual, takes an effort of exercise and eating healthy. Now that my Slimfast challenge is over, my real challenge starts today. I need to keep the weight off and still keep loosing it. Remember I told you that my normal weight is 150 pounds. Today is definitely exciting news for me
Update on December 2014. After my 14 days Slimfast challenge in January, I haven’t had any single SlimFast shake or bar. My weight is now 170 pounds however. As you can see I went from 180 to 170 in 1 year and keeping it steady and lowering it a little bit at a time. How I did it? Follow my fitness tips above and make sure to eliminate soda, sugars, high fructose corn syrup, alcohol, pastas, breads and don’t eat or snack after 7 or 8 pm depending on when you go to bed, but at least 3 or 4 hours before bed time.
My goal is to go back to 150 pounds and I’m on a mission. Follow me along as I share many healthy soups and recipes, fitness tips.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Festive Low Carb Easter Dessert (Instant Pot Mandarin Cheesecake) - March 14, 2018
- How to make Rich Gourmet French Onion Soup, Instant Pot or Stove top - March 5, 2018
- Instant Pot Low Carb Cheesecake with Pecan Crust - January 26, 2018