These 4-Ingredient Ricotta pancakes are incredibly light and fluffy, delicious pancakes out there. There are also low-carb and gluten free. Don’t let these strange terms turn you off, but experience the thickest and fluffiest pancake of your life and thank me soon! Such a tasty dessert or breakfast treat that melts in your mouth!
- Preheat your pan on medium heat
- Separate the eggs, there must be no yolk in the white.
- In one bowl, mix together the egg yolks, ricotta cheese, sugar and almond flour until smooth.
- In the second bowl add 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to the whites and beat the whites on high speed using a hand mixer until they are fluffy, form a nice peaks and hold their peaks. It should take about 5-6 minutes and the egg whites mixture should look something like this:
- Combine the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites and mix carefully, you don’t want to break the fluffiness of the egg whites too much.
- Spoon the mixture into 3 even rounds onto oiled pan ( I use Pure Avocado oil. I love it for it’s mild flavor and high heat up to 500 Degrees F ), and cover the pan with the lid.
- Cook the pancake for about 3 minutes. Take a peak half way to make sure it is not burning. Then flip over, cover lid and cook for another 2 minutes and watch it until they become nice and golden brown. At this point you should be able to recognize the desired color of your pancake.
- Remove from pan and and enjoy warm however you like – with butter, fruit or a boot of maple syrup
Plate-ware set courtesy of Gaia Group USA Barolo Dinnerware. I love it for it’s handmade feel and irregular look. Looks perfect with my Russian crystal boot of Maple Syrup.
55 cal per pancake, 4g fat, 1g carb, 0,2g sugar, 3,8g protein