On Friday I made the Broccoli Crust Pizza. Before we tried it, the kids were acting like I was trying to poison them. lol
But I must report that this cheesy Broccoli crust pizza was a big hit! While it didn’t taste a lot like broccoli and low-carby, the taste was very mild and the texture was light. Compared to a regular pizza it was easier to chew and felt less filling, while the crust holds up the toppings nicely.
Check out this fast and simple recipe that doesn’t require a ton of ingredients. It is much healthier than regular pizza crust and what an amazing idea to put broccoli in your kids diet without all the fuss. Because broccoli, the “Superfood” contains the highest amount of Glucoraphanin of all cruciferous vegetables. It is also a great source of vitamins K and C, folic acid, potassium, fiber and other important nutrients I love cooking with broccoli
Related: How to make Broccoli Tots recipe
Ingredients for broccoli crust for pizza:
1 medium Broccoli head. About 12 oz of broccoli cut into small florets. Steam for 2 minutes then chop
1 large egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan grated cheese
1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for toppings
1/4 cup Marinara sauce
1 cup Mozzarella cheese
Optional: Pepperoni, Tomatoes and Vegetables, fresh basil for decoration and serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 C)
- Finely chop steamed broccoli or place in food processor until grated. Squeeze water out. I use this fine mesh Nut milk bag strainer because it’s sturdy and does a good job at squeezing the water out. Transfer broccoli to a large bowl – add egg, 1 cup mozzarella, and ¼ cup Parmesan. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix together.
- Transfer dough to a parchment-lined, greased baking sheet and shape into a thin, round crust. Bake until golden and dried out, about 20 minutes. (It should look like on the photo above)
- Top with marinara, remaining cheeses and pepperoni (or your other favorite toppings) and bake until cheese is melted and crust is crispy, 10 minutes more. Garnish with basil.
Pin for later. I made this photo very Pinterest friendly. Go ahead and pin this photo below if you want to save this recipe. This way it will be easy for you to find it.
Inspiration and adaptation from Delish.com. Look at their video for no-fail results.
Mind blown and delicious!
If you want another delicious low carb pizza crust recipe, try the “fat head pizza crust.
Irina is mom of 2, blogger, social media addict, lover of New York, wine and hot wings. On this blog she's passionate to write about natural health and beauty, healthy foods that do not have a ton of ingredients. And whenever she reads about a food, idea or recipe or hears about it from her friends that makes sense to her and inspires her, she will share it!
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Watermelon & Pearls of Mozzarella Salad - May 11, 2017
- Detox and Immune Boosting Smoothie - April 26, 2017
- How to make the Best low carb Flourless Broccoli crust pizza - March 10, 2017