This post was sponsored by Johnson & Johnson and I received complimentary products to facilitate my post. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions (FTC) guidelines concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
My tween and I just made this fantastic body scrub! It only need 3 ingredients and leaves your skin silky soft and pampered. Check out the recipe below.
Over the weekend my 11 year old and I had a discussion about the importance of skincare starting from early tween age. Although her face has not been affected yet by the “teen skin problems” like acne, oily skin, sweating etc., she told me that she has been washing her face with water only. Which is still fine, but much often she needs to take care of her skin.
How to get a tween excited about skincare? Here are 3 tips to try on your next mother-daughter Skincare Adventures!
1. Girls day out with eating wings at the neighborhood favorite restaurant and then shopping at Target for the skincare product that will be her very own.
2. Get your girl HER VERY OWN skincare product.
Her second pick was Aveeno Positively radiant 60 seconds in shower cleanser.
Savings at Target
- In-store: Neutrogena – Buy 3 Neutrogena products (skincare only), get $5 Target gift card
- Cartwheel: Aveeno – 5% off
- Cartwheel: Clean & Clear – 5% off
Head to your Target store today! Not only are there great deals abound, but it is also an excellent opportunity to spend some quality time with your teen.
3. Get your girl excited about creating the DIY home made sugar scrub for your body
This takes about 5 minutes and requires only 3 basic ingredients. The finished product is fantastic, easy to use in the shower. Leaves your skin silky and smooth. If you place it in a glass jar it is perfect to give as a gift to a girlfriend at school for Valentine’s day or to a teacher!
1 cup of white sugar
Half a cup of coconut oil. Melt coconut oil in microwave for 20-30 seconds, then mix together with sugar. This is it! No refrigeration needed
Optional: you can add few drops of your favorite essential oil or food coloring to achieve the desired color.
Directions in the shower: Pick up a good amount of scrub and start scrubbing all over your skin. Rinse with water. Your skin will remain silky smooth. Note: Don’t forget to use a shower mat to prevent from slipping.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Johnson & Johnson.
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- How to make the Best low carb Flourless Broccoli crust pizza - March 10, 2017
- The Juiciest and Moist Low Cab Banana Blueberry Muffins - February 24, 2017
- Cauliflower Ice Cream - February 18, 2017