This oven baked chicken Parmesan is faster and healthier version of regular fried Chicken Parmesan and is perfect for a cozy dinner nights.
You’re going to love the simplicity of this recipe because it is very easy and quick to prepare. It tastes good and while chicken remaining moist and full of flavor.
Serve this lightly breaded baked chicken Parmesan on top of your favorite spaghetti or if you have a spiralizer, use zucchini noodles instead for a lighter and low-carb version. Saute them with a little oil for just 2 minutes so they don’t get soggy, then serve just like pasta. Tastes delicious!
- 4 chicken breast, sliced in half to make 8 pieces, trim the fat
- 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 3/4 shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce
- 1 TBSP of combined spices such as: dried oregano, garlic, basil, thyme
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and spices in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Lightly spray a little more oil on top and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, spoon 1 tbsp sauce over each piece of chicken and top each with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Inspiration and adaptation thanks to Gina of Skinnytaste.com
Cook notes: You can use a rack and place it on top of your baking sheet and place chicken directly onto the rack. Although my chicken came out crispy on the outside while moist on the inside, you can use a rack if you concern about chicken being soggy. Enjoy!
Yield: 8 Servings, Serving Size: 1 piece of chicken
- Amount Per Serving (chicken only without pasta):
- Calories: 251
- Total Fat: 9.5g
- Carbohydrates: 5.3g
Check my video of making the Baked Chicken Parmesan in action in under 3 minutes – these food videos are so fun
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Cauliflower Ice Cream - February 18, 2017
- TLC your hair with Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer - February 14, 2017
- DIY Body Scrub and Tips on the Importance of Mother-Daughter Skincare Routines - February 6, 2017