Here’s my tasty tower of healthy sugar cookies for Santa. I hope he enjoys my attempt at making him non-GMO, healthy sugar cookies! Whether you’re welcoming kids from school, baking a treat for a party or enjoying the evening for yourself, these healthy sugar cookies are just right. These cookies came out crisp and a little chewy inside, perfect consistency in my opinion. Only 4 simple ingredients. I used almond flour because it is naturally sweeter than whole wheat flour, a great way to cook with limited carbohydrate intake and tastes great.
My 8 y.o. helped me prep and bake them. Both of my kids and hubby loved the cookies. Next time I may be adding raisins and even a chocolate chip in another batch. The recipe on the back of Almond flour also called for sliced almonds, so I will be trying this as well.
Ingredients: Makes 12 medium size cookies
2 cups blanched Almond Flour
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/2 cup of Coconut Palm Sugar. I got it at BJ’s. You can get it online here
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
Pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well all together for 1-2 minutes
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Place large rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly.
Bake until set and edges are golden brown. (about 15 minutes)
- 2 cups blanched Almond Flour
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of Coconut Palm Sugar. I got it at BJ's. You can get it online here
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees Celsius).
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well all together for 1-2 minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place large rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet, about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly.
- Bake until set and edges are golden brown. (about 15 minutes)
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- NYC Travel Tips: 20 Do’s and Don’ts for Visiting New York City like a Pro! - September 14, 2017
- Top 9 Tips for Visiting Iceland This Summer | #Travel - July 22, 2017
- The Fluffiest Ricotta Soufflé Low Carb Pancakes – Only 4 Ingredients - June 30, 2017