Today my daughter and I made this Halloween-inspired Witch Chicken Fingers. It is so easy to make and a great experience for my 8 y.o.
Ingredients: Use all organic ingredients if possible.
4 chicken cutlets
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 bag blanched almonds
1. Line a baking sheet with PaperChef’s parchment paper.
2. Preheat oven to 375°F.
3. With an adult’s help, carefully slice the chicken cutlets with a knife or clean scissors into strips about the width of 1 finger.
Do not cut them perfectly straight – the more crooked, the better.
4. Put the flour, egg, and breadcrumbs into separate soup bowls and line the bowls up next to each other. Dust the chicken strips with flour, working with 2 or 3 at a time. Then dip them into the bowl of beaten egg. Roll each strip in breadcrumbs. Place strips on a baking sheet lined with PaperChef parchment paper.
5. To make fingernails, place almonds on tip of “fingers” and press in place. Bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serving Idea: Dip ends in ketchup for a bloody effect!
Enjoy and Happy Halloween!
Also try: Cheesy Sweet Potato Muffins Halloween Inspired Healthy recipe
Disclosure: I went to a Media Halloween inspired cooking class at Freshmade NYC (A cooking studio where they offer cooking classes for kids ages 2-teen) where we were cooking with and learning about the Paperchef Parchment paper – a healthy choice for your family and environment as well. I received samples of the parchment paper. For more information visit paperchef.com
Latest posts by Irina (see all)
- Travel to Norway: 5 Tips for Visiting Oslo - June 22, 2017
- Top 10 Tips for enjoying Dorney Park and have the best experience - June 8, 2017
- Watermelon & Pearls of Mozzarella Salad - May 11, 2017